By Atef Z. Elsherbeni
The target of this booklet is to introduce scholars and design-engineers to antenna layout and research utilizing the preferred advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO. This booklet is essentially meant for college kids operating within the box of antenna research and layout; but the wealth of hands-on layout examples awarded during this book―along with simulation details―also makes it a worthwhile reference for working towards engineers. The requirement for the readers of this booklet is to be acquainted with the fundamentals of antenna conception; in spite of the fact that electric engineering scholars taking an introductory path in antenna engineering may also make the most of this publication as a supplementary textual content.
The key strengths of this e-book are as follows
* First, the fundamentals of antenna simulation could be offered in a close, comprehensible, and easy-to-follow method via examine of the easiest kinds of radiators, i.e. dipole and loop antennas, in chapters 2 and three. this can construct the basic wisdom a scholar would want on the way to make the most of antenna simulation software program in most cases.
* moment, comparability among theoretical research and full-wave simulation result of FEKO are given for a number of antenna forms, so that it will reduction the readers with a greater realizing of the idea, approximations and obstacles within the theoretical research, and answer accuracy.
* 3rd, and of paramount value, is the visualization of the antenna present distribution, radiation styles, and different radiation features which are made on hand via full-wave simulations utilizing FEKO. a formal research of the radiation features via those visualizations serves as a strong academic device to completely comprehend the radiation habit of antennas.
The advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO is chosen for the simulations because of its various merits and recognition. particularly, this software program presents a number of solvers that may be selected for a quick and effective research reckoning on the kind of antenna. furthermore, FEKO presents loose lecture room licenses to universities which can be utilized to simulate lots of the antenna configurations provided during this book.
FEKO simulation documents can be found to teachers who undertake the booklet for his or her direction or execs who've bought the publication. Please touch The IET for additional info
Read Online or Download Antenna analysis and design using FEKO electromagnetic simulation software PDF
Similar electromagnetism books
Electromagnetism units a brand new ordinary in physics schooling. in the course of the e-book, the idea is illustrated with real-life purposes in smooth expertise. additionally it is designated paintings examples and step by step motives to aid readers increase their problem-solving concepts and talents and consolidate their knowing.
An authoritative view of Maxwell's Equations that takes concept to practiceMaxwell's Equations is a pragmatic consultant to at least one of the main notable units of equations ever devised. Professor Paul Huray offers ideas that convey the reader tips on how to receive analytic recommendations for Maxwell's equations for perfect fabrics and boundary stipulations.
This monograph expounds an unique asymptotic desk bound section approach for the review of integrals of speedily oscillating capabilities, which could be priceless in wave radiation, propagation and diffraction study. it truly is self-contained, with concept, formulae and tabulated co-efficients.
Information the information underlying geometrical idea of diffraction (GTD) in addition to its relationships with different EM theories
- Introduction to Radar Systems
- Inductance: Loop and Partial
- Hall-Effect Sensors: Theory and Application
- Classical Electromagnetic Radiation
- Electromagnetism: Maxwell Equations, Wave Propagation and Emission
- The Electromagnetics Problem Solver
Additional resources for Antenna analysis and design using FEKO electromagnetic simulation software
5l. The current distribution on the sphere is shown in Figure 2-29. The presence of this large scattering object implies that the radiation pattern of the dipole antenna will be distorted. The radiation pattern of the antenna is shown in Figure 2-30. Whereas some notable distortion in the pattern shape of a dipole is observed, the peak gain of the dipole is much larger because the cylinder is working as a reflector, which if designed properly can increase the gain of the antenna. More discussion on reflector antenna designs will be given in the corresponding chapter.
41 41 43 53 60 68 71 INTRODUCTION This chapter introduces another fundamental antenna configuration: the loop antenna. This simple, inexpensive, and very versatile antenna takes many different forms, such as a rectangle, square, triangle, ellipse, and circle. Because of the simplicity in analysis and construction, the circular loop is the most popular and has received the widest attention. In this chapter, the effect of loop circumference on the current distribution and radiation performance of the antenna is illustrated using several examples.
5 Normalized current distribution on a wire dipole antennas: (a) Half-wavelength. 3 17 Although the analytical current distribution shows a reasonably close agreement with the full-wave results, some discrepancies are evident. In fact, the agreement between this simple analytical model and full-wave simulation deteriorates as the wire length increases, and typically full-wave simulation is required for an accurate analysis. For these finite length dipoles, the frequency change results in a stronger variation in the current distribution as the dipole length increases.