By Katherine Lester, Bess Viola Oerke
From hats, veils, wigs, and cosmetics to cravats, shawls, footwear, and gloves, this helpful reference offers an wonderful account of the different types of own adornment women and men have used through the a while to augment their donning clothing. accommodates illustrations from infrequent books and magazines, images, and observations. 644 figures and fifty nine plates.
Read or Download Accessories of Dress: An Illustrated Encyclopedia PDF
Best fashion books
Jimmy Kimmel, eighty four issues a guy should still do ahead of he dies, and so on. ..
GQ, united kingdom variation, June 2015
Megastar make-up artist and television makeover expert Ramy Gafni understands not anyone is born ideal, now not even his well-known consumers. In the best way to pretend actual good looks, the make-up guru stocks his secrets and techniques to bettering a woman's common attractiveness whereas “faking" what she doesn't have.
Some everyone is regarded as born with perfect good points, yet a lot of those presents are bought, and the fastest, easiest method is to create the appearance utilizing make-up and a bit moxie. the facility of make-up is going some distance towards assisting you pretend anything—a transparent complexion, fuller lips, brighter eyes—whatever you will have! It's all a question of realizing how!
In how one can pretend actual attractiveness, Ramy stocks the tried-and-true tips of the alternate. So organize for the crimson carpet—whether it's the single on your head or an exact awards exhibit. This consultant will train you the way to prepare in your pack up and optimistically take heart level in any state of affairs.
Combining model, layout, fabric artwork, and embroidery, this gorgeous and sensible advisor is a luxurious get together of the embroidered handbag in its many types. From easy two-sided kinds to complex gusseted field designs, from small dependent clutches to roomier drawstring baggage, they’re encouraged by way of the best historic examples and a global array of fabric styles.
- Austen, Actresses and Accessories: Much Ado About Muffs
- Fashion Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the History, Language, and Practice of Fashion
- Maxim [AU] (March 2016)
- Dress Code: The Naked Truth About Fashion
- Fashion in Recent Decades
Additional info for Accessories of Dress: An Illustrated Encyclopedia
Threads spun from polyester fibres are strong, wear exceptionally well, and are used extensively in home sewing and manufactured sewing. 6. Rayon, from cellulose, has many of the qualities of cotton, a natural cellulose fibre. Rayon is strong, extremely absorbent, available in a variety of qualities and weights, and can be made to resemble natural fabrics. Rayon does not melt but burns at high temperatures. Rayon drapes well, has a soft, silky hand, and has a smooth, napped, or bulky surface. Rayon will wrinkle easily and may stretch when wet and shrink when washed.
5. It retains its shape and is relatively smooth. 6. It has a poor resistance to sunlight exposure. 7. It is the strongest natural fibre and is lustrous. Uses: Silk is used to make blouses, dresses, scarves, pants and ties. It can also be made into curtains, draperies, cushion covers and sofa covers. Manufactured Fabrics or Man Made Fabrics Manufactured Fabrics are usually made of fIlaments extruded as liquid and formed into various fibres. Because the fibre starts as a liquid, many of the fibres are coloured before they become filament, thus they are difficult to dye after the fibre is woven into a fabric.
History of the use of nylon This synthetic fibre was introduced in the 1930s. It was another early substitute for silk and quickly became the fibre of choice for women's stockings. The first commercial production of nylon in the United States was in 1939 by the E.!. du Pont de Nemours and Company. Wallace H. Carothers, a chemist of the Dupont Company played the leader in this development of nylon. This man-made fibre is the second most used fibre in the United States. Production of Nylon Nylon is made by forcing molten nylon through very small holes in a device called a spinneret.